For more information, please contact us [email protected]onym.com or 412-927-3737.
The importance of good quality sleep.
The importance of good sleep can’t be underestimated. Good sleep along with good nutrition and exercise regimen are cornerstones of optimal good health.
The following are just some reasons for developing and maintaining good sleep patterns:
- Poor sleep is linked to higher body weight. People with shorter sleep duration tend to weight significantly more based on the numerous health studies https://tinyurl.com/jfu7lc5 , https://tinyurl.com/y3t45mu7 ). If a person is trying not to gain or lose weight, getting good quality, sleep is paramount
- Poor sleep has been linked to decreased athletic performance. Good, quality sleep has been proved to increase and/or improve athletic performance
- Poor sleep has been linked to decrease in cognitive performance and productivity. Good sleep can enhance memory and maximize our cognitive performance.
- Poor sleep is linked to depression and other mental health conditions. There is a direct correlation between poor sleep and multiple mental health conditions, especially depression, so it is vital to improve the quality of once’s sleep to both maintain and improve one’s mental health
- Poor sleep causes immune system’s dysfunction. Good sleep can enhance our immune function, improve recovery from existing conditions and increase protection from developing new diseases.
By utilizing Evonym’s online behavioral health therapists, the clients and their families can improve their health and life both in the present and make good decisions for wellness into the future.
For more information, please contact us https://www.evonym.com/contact-us/.